Main subject: Project Based Learning
related subject: Math, Science, Languages, ICT
Duration: 90 minutes.
Age groups: Age 7
Submitted by: Kelly Kaukes, Estonia
* Students solve tasks in their teams in LearningApps; * Students use QR-codes to access the tasks in LearningApps; * Students collect words received from the group for the answers to the tasks and compile a question from them; * Students think and write down in their team what they already know about the topic; * Students think and write down in their team what else they would like to know about the topic.
Implemented digital tools:
LearningApps.org, QR-code reading apps.
Supported digital competence for student:
Information and data literacy
Elaboration of the competences:
Students access different digital environments and navigate between them.
* Preparing tasks in LearningApps, generating QR-codes for each task and printing the QR-codes; * Placing QR-codes around the school; * Diving students into teams for the whole project; * Tasks: Calculation, pairing English words and pictures,a hanging game with English words, vowel compounds, living and non-living, a quiz, connecting pictures and weather words.
* Explaining: Today we will begin with our new project. To find out its main question, you must solve different tasks that you will find through QR-codes; * Dividing students into groups; * Showing how to use the QR-code app. One of the team members tries it out more thoroughly and becomes the “expert” in the group. Explaining that everyone must solve tasks and scan QR-codes.
* Students scan the QR-codes and solve the tasks in teams; * After every correctly solved task, the students will get a word that they have to write down; * When all the tasks have been solved and all the words have been written down, students will compile a question with the words: “Why is it warm during the summer and cold during the winter?
* When students have solved the main question of the project, the teacher asks what students think their project was about. If needed, the teacher leads them to the topic SEASONS. * Students think and write down in their teams what they already know about seasons. The teacher marks the questions down on the project wall. * Students think and write down in their teams what else they would like to know about this particular topic. The teacher records the questions down on the project wall.
Implemented needed devices:
Tablets or smart phones