This is an awesome free resource developed by Aardman Animations, makers of the Shaun the Sheep animated movie. The Game Academy teaches children how to code games using the amazing Scratch software. This helps remove some of the significant learning curve involved in using Scratch. Coding is fast becoming a fundamental skillset, and some of the skills coding develops help with core curriculum development. Skills like problem solving, analytical thinking, logic and creativity are all pushed to the limit when coding games. What’s more, actual coding skills are required in industries such as gaming, animation and computer engineering.
- Website: https://www.shaunsgameacademy.co.uk/learn-make.php
- What kind of tool is it? Web based tool, App
- The tool is made for: Linux, Android, iOS
- Cost involved? Free to use
- Digital competences for students: Information and data literacy, Communication and collaboration, Digital content creation, Safety, Problem solving
- Related to subjects: Math, Languages, ICT
- Age groups: Age 6-7, Age 8-9, Age 10-12, Age 13-15, Age 16+
- Devices needed: Teacher device with internet connection, Teacher device without internet connection
- Account needed: No account needed
- Difficulty level: 1 (from 1 – 5 )
- GDPR compliant?