Free public service to teach children to read. Starfall’s emphasis on phonemic awareness, systematic sequential phonics, and common sight words in conjunction with audiovisual interactivity has proven effective in teaching emergent readers. Talking library, nonfiction, fiction, poetry (really good!) also some art and math themes. It is widely used in schools that serve children with special needs and learning difficulties.
- Website: https://www.starfall.com/h/
- What kind of tool is it? Web based tool
- The tool is made for: Windows, Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Cost involved? Free to use
- Digital competences for students: Information and data literacy
- Related to subjects: Math, Languages, Music, Art, Crafts
- Age groups: Age 6-7, Age 8-9, Age 10-12, Age 13-15
- Devices needed: Teacher device with internet connection
- Account needed: No account needed
- Difficulty level: 1 (from 1 – 5 )
- GDPR compliant?