Scratch is a programming language and an online community where children can program and share interactive media such as stories, games, and animation with people from all over the world. As children create with Scratch, they learn to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically.
- Website: https://scratch.mit.edu/
- What kind of tool is it? Web based tool, App, Installable software
- The tool is made for: Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, Windows Phone
- Cost involved? Free to use
- Digital competences for students: Information and data literacy, Communication and collaboration, Digital content creation, Problem solving
- Related to subjects: Math, Languages, Art, ICT, Crafts, Social studies
- Age groups: Age 8-9, Age 10-12, Age 13-15, Age 16+
- Devices needed: Teacher device with internet connection, Teacher device without internet connection, Student devices with internet connection, Student devices without internet connection
- Account needed: No account needed, Only teacher needs an account
- Difficulty level: 4 (from 1 – 5 )
- GDPR compliant?